6 pm | Wed., March 12 | Whistlestop Depot
Learn more about kohlrabi, spinach, kale and many more green food items from Chef Brad West at Go Green! This program is part of the 5 Healthy Towns healthy eating series hosted by JDL's Grass Lake Branch. Seats are going fast, so reserve your spot today!
Cooking With Caitlin
Did you know that lemon's acidic properties help prevent the oxidation of sensitive fruits and vegetables such as apples and avocados? The ingredients in the recipe include: 1 bunch of kale leaves, 1 ripe avocado 1 lemon, juiced, ½ tsp. fresh ginger, minced and ¼ tsp. fresh garlic, minced.
Grass Lake Park Improvements
Michigan State University and the Grass Lake Community Wellness Initiative unveiled final plan suggestions from the Small Towns Design Institute Thurs., Feb. 13. Plans included improvements for three parks in Grass Lake.
Meet at Manchester Wellness Center, 11 am
Start your lucky day off by walking with Manchester! Get your spring started the healthy way by helping us to kick off the Walking Program Spring/Summer 2014. Join us in a 1 mile walk on St. Patty’s day to start your healthy day off right! This event is open to anyone, and all participants will be eligible for prizes!
9 am | March 8 | Dexter District Library
Join the Dexter Wellness Coalition for a winter jaunt through beautiful downtown Dexter. The group leaves from Dexter District Library at 9 am, and will use some of the trails in town. There will also be a stop at the new Dexter Winter Marketplace.
Manchester Walking Program
Join the FREE 12-month Walking Program specially designed for those living or working in Manchester. People of all activity levels are welcome and all members are eligible to win prizes along the way to keep you motivated!
Creating a culture of wellness and fostering sustainable improvements in community
As residents of the healthiest communities in the Midwest, we’ll choose to eat better, move more, avoid unhealthy substances and make healthy connections with others.
How we can help your community »
- March 8 - Dexter Winter Marketplace, 9 am - 1 pm, Dexter Senior Center
- March 10 - Manchester Voices Meeting, 6:30 pm, Manchester High School
- March 10 - Grass Lake Steering Committee Meeting, 6 pm, GL Township Hall
- March 11 - Affordable Care Act Town Hall Panel Discussion at CCH, 6:00 pm, RSVP
- March 11 - Dexter Coalition Meeting, 5:30 pm, Dexter Wellness Center
- March 17 - Grass Lake Wellness Coalition Meeting, 6 pm, GL Township Hall
- March 17 - St. Patricks Day Walk, 11 am, Depart from Manchester Wellness Center
- March 17 - Manchester Walking Club Debut
- March 20 - Stockbridge Area Wellness Coalition Meeting, 7 pm, Heritage Elementary School
- March 21 - Manchester Math and Science Night, Klager Elementary, 6 pm
- View our event calendar
Yesterday I was watching the Olympics (those athletes are amazing) when my husband [...]
February 17th Read Article »
Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice Here’s the thing… it’s another study. This one [...]
February 11th Read Article »
NKFM and CWF Present National Diabetes Prevention Program
December 17, 2013 Read More »
Dexter Wellness Walks Continue Throughout Winter
December 9, 2013 Read More »