Eat Better Opportunities in our 5 Healthy Towns
5HF and the Wellness Coalitions have a long history of supporting opportunities for eating better. From Farmers Markets to cooking classes, community gardens and Farm to School programs, 5HF wants to make it easier for you and your family to add tasty food to your diet.
FREE SUMMER FUN!
Dexter Summer Fitness Festival is underway!!! Free, fun community exercise events for people of all abilities are running every Thursday (Exercise @5:30 pm), Friday (Bike Slow Ride @ 5:30 pm) and Saturday (Yoga in the Park @ 8 am). Events are held along Mill Creek Park with ex and yoga classes west of the bridge and bike rides starting behind the fire station.
All 5 Healthy Town Wellness Centers (Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester and Stockbridge) have scholarships available for those who may need assistance. To learn more about scholarships opportunities, please visit member services or call the number below.
Opportunities to Move More
All of our communities offer great opportunities for residents and visitors alike to be more active. Walks, runs, bike education, new sidewalks and trails, exercise classes and more are plentiful in 5H. Click below to learn about all these FUN physical activity opportunities.
Variety of programming options
5H Wellness Centers are offering a variety of useful exercise and educational classes this Spring and Summer. Highlights include Women's Health, Men's Health and Senior Health and Fitness Day. Exercise options include line dancing, pilates for the golfer, boot camps and more!
Cultivate Improvements in Personal and Community Wellness
The people in our 5 Healthy Towns Eat Better, Move More, Avoid Unhealthy Substances and Connect with Others in Healthy Ways.
- Ongoing - Simple Steps Program, Dexter and Chelsea Wellness Centers
- July 20 - Grass Lake Farmers Market, 4 -7 pm, downtown Grass Lake
- July 21 - Manchester Farmers Market, 3:30 pm, Chi Broil Park
- July 21 - Dexter Summer Fitness Festival Exercise Class, 5:30 pm, Mill Creek Park
- July 22 - Dexter Summer Fitness Festival Bike Ride, 5:30 pm, Mill Creek Park
- July 22 - Open Air Market of Stockbridge, 4 pm, Stockbridge Town Square
- July 23 - Chelsea Farmers Market, 8 am - noon, Palmer Lot
- July 23 - Dexter Farmers Market, 8 am - 1 pm, Downtown Dexter
- July 23 - Dexter Summer Fitness Festival Outdoor Yoga, 8 am, Mill Creek Park
- July 23 - Yoga on the Lawn, 10 am, Chelsea District Library
- July 23 - Yoga by the Lake, 11 am, Grass Lake County Park
- View our event calendar
5 Healthy Towns Foundation (5HF) provides scholarships at our wellness centers. Here’s what [...]
April 8th Read Article »
I recently read people need to exercise up to 2 hours [...]
October 15th Read Article »