Big Red Barrels
National Drug Takeback day is Sept. 27. In the 5 Healthy Towns it's everyday. Big Red Barrels are open for use at Chelsea Police Dept; Dexter, Manchester and Scio Twp substations, Stockbridge PD and Unadilla Twp PD.
Starts Sept 22
Sept 22 starts Women's Health and Fitness Week at Chelsea Wellness Center. Join Cindy Triveline and Stacy Sheets for New Look, New You! Strategies on how to look and feel great! There's also a Free Workout Friday open to women.
Over 35 events scheduled
Two events highlight the 5H Read calendar this week. First, Dexter District Library hosts a discussion on Death, Dying and Culture while Chelsea District Library hosts a Sculpture Walk around beautiful downtown Chelsea. Learn more below,
Family Worship Center
United Way of Jackson Cty, Allegiance Health, and the Food Bank of SC Michigan bring the Fresh Food Initiative to Grass Lake. This is a free distribution open to anyone. Bring your own box/bag. Distribution takes place Mondays, 4:30-5:30 PM through Sept 29.
Jeruel Baptist Church | 11400 Plum Orchard Road
United Way of Jackson County and the Food Bank of SC Michigan are bringing the Fresh Food Initiative to Munith. This is a free food distribution to anyone that participates. Please bring your own box/bag. Distribution takes place Mondays at 5:30 PM through Sept 29.
Creating a culture of wellness and fostering sustainable improvements in community
As residents of the healthiest communities in the Midwest, we’ll choose to eat better, move more, avoid unhealthy substances and make healthy connections with others.
How we can help your community »
- Sept 22 - Fresh Food Initiative, Jeruel Baptist Church - Munith, 5:30 pm
- Sept 22 - Fresh Food Initiative, Family Worship Center - Grass Lake, 4:30 - 5:30 pm
- Sept 23 - Dexter Farmers Market, 2 - 6 pm, Alpine Street
- Sept 23 - Manchester Wellness Coalition Meeting, noon, Manchester Village Offices
- Sept 24 - Bushel Basket Market, CCH, 2:30 - 6 pm
- Sept 25 - Manchester Farmers Market, Adrian Street, 4-7 pm
- Sept 26 - Open Air Market of Stockbridge. 4 - 7 pm, Downtown Stockbridge
- Sept 27 - Chelsea Farmers Market, 8 am - 12 pm, Downtown Chelsea
- Sept 27 - Dexter Farmers Market, 8 am - 1 pm, Alpine Street
- Sept 27 - National Drug Take Back Day, 10 am - 2 pm
- View our event calendar
I know its BLT season… we have them at least once a week [...]
September 8th Read Article »
Most physicians and other health care practitioners determine if our weight is healthy [...]
April 16th Read Article »
September 8, 2014 Read More »
Chelsea Awarded $377,285 from SEMCOG, Michigan Fitness Foundation
July 14, 2014 Read More »