Eat Better Opportunities in our 5 Healthy Towns
5HF and the Wellness Coalitions have a long history of supporting opportunities for eating better. From Farmers Markets to cooking classes, community gardens and Farm to School programs, 5HF wants to make it easier for you and your family to add tasty food to your diet.
Begins June 2nd
The Dexter Summer Fitness Festival begins its first season on Thursday, June 2nd at Mill Creek Park. The Summer Fitness Festival provides fun, FREE and accessible activities for community members from June through August. Thursday is free outdoor exercise, Friday a bike ride and Saturday Outdoor Yoga.
All 5 Healthy Town Wellness Centers (Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester and Stockbridge) have scholarships available for those who may need assistance. To learn more about scholarships opportunities, please visit member services or call the number below.
Opportunities to Move More
All of our communities offer great opportunities for residents and visitors alike to be more active. Walks, runs, bike education, new sidewalks and trails, exercise classes and more are plentiful in 5H. Click below to learn about all these FUN physical activity opportunities.
Variety of programming options
5H Wellness Centers are offering a variety of useful exercise and educational classes this Spring and Summer. Highlights include Women's Health, Men's Health and Senior Health and Fitness Day. Exercise options include line dancing, pilates for the golfer, boot camps and more!
Cultivate Improvements in Personal and Community Wellness
The people in our 5 Healthy Towns Eat Better, Move More, Avoid Unhealthy Substances and Connect with Others in Healthy Ways.
- Ongoing - Simple Steps Program, Dexter and Chelsea Wellness Centers
- Ongoing - PEAC Summer Program Registration
- Ongoing - Grass Lake Traffic Jam'In 5k Registration
- June 1 - Grass Lake Farmers Market, 4 -7 pm, downtown Grass Lake
- June 2 - Manchester Farmers Market, 3:30 pm, Chi Broil Park
- June 2 - Dexter Summer Fitness Festival Exercise Class, 5:30 pm, Mill Creek Park
- June 3 - Dexter Summer Fitness Festival Bike Ride, 5:30 pm, Mill Creek Park
- June 3 - Open Air Market of Stockbridge, 4 pm, Stockbridge Town Square
- June 4 - Chelsea Farmers Market, 8 am - noon, Palmer Lot
- June 4 - Dexter Farmers Market, 8 am - 1 pm, Downtown Dexter
- June 4 - Dexter Summer Fitness Festival Outdoor Yoga, 8 am, Mill Creek Park
- View our event calendar
5 Healthy Towns Foundation (5HF) provides scholarships at our wellness centers. Here’s what [...]
April 8th Read Article »
I recently read people need to exercise up to 2 hours [...]
October 15th Read Article »