Ongoing at CWC and DWC
Are you ready to work towards your New Year's Resolution? Here's a Simple first Step that only needs shoes! Dexter and Chelsea Wellness Centers have added an 8 week walking program called Simple Steps. Call DWC (734.580.2500) or CWC (734.214.0220) for info.
Proceeds to AHA
Go Red! Zumba Dance Party returns to Dexter Wellness Center Friday, February 5, from 6 - 7:30 pm. This popular Move More event provides attendees with a great time while helping a great cause. Registration is $10 and all proceeds are donated to the American Heart Association.
Offerings at CWC and DWC
Chelsea and Dexter Wellness Centers have several great education workshops and over 15 wellness courses starting in February and March. Highlights include Adult Special Needs Movement, Introduction to Thai Chi, Golf Tune Up and sessions geared at preventing skin cancer.
12 Interventions Sponsored
The Grass Lake Community Wellness Initiative has begun implementing its 2016 Comprehensive Wellness Plan. Highlights include a new Farmers Market structure, cooking classes through Grass Lake Branch of JDL, Multi-Use Courts at Grass Lake Sports and Trails Park and the Grass Lake Senior Center.
What do our friends and neighbors have to say?
Watch how the Wellness Centers affect the lives of community members every day! This inspirational video will give you an idea about how the WCs impact the health and wellness of our guests and our members. There's something for everyone at the WCs.
Creating a culture of wellness and fostering sustainable improvements in community
As residents of the healthiest communities in the Midwest, we’ll choose to eat better, move more, avoid unhealthy substances and make healthy connections with others.
- Ongoing - Simple Steps Program, Dexter and Chelsea Wellness Centers
- Ongoing - Heart and Sole Race Registration Open
- Feb 5 - Go Red: Zumba Dance Party, 5:30 pm, Dexter Wellness Center
- Feb 6 - Dexter Winter Marketplace, 9 am - 1 pm, Dexter Senior Center
- Feb 9 - Dexter Wellness Coalition Meeting Cancelled
- Feb 9 - Grass Lake Senior Center, 10 am - 2 pm, Grass Lake Township Hal
- Feb 10 - Mardi Gras and More Healthy Cooking Class, 6 pm, Grass Lake Whistlestop Depot (reg. required)
- Feb 11 - Have a Heart for Running: Run for your Health, 6 pm, Dexter Wellness Center
- Feb 13 - Dance, Manchester! Contra Dance, 7:30 - 10 pm, Emanuel Church, Manchester
- View our event calendar
People at all levels of health: from the perfectly fit to wheel chair [...]
March 11th Read Article »
Wales is credited for early use of the phrase “An apple a day [...]
October 17th Read Article »
Foundation Name Change
September 30, 2015 Read More »
Dexter Wellness Center Certified as Medical Fitness Facility
May 22, 2015 Read More »