Sat, Oct 17, 11 am
Join us for a visit from Jack Gantos! Hear insights about his experience described in Hole in My Life. A book signing will take place afterwards. Books will be for sale courtesy of Just Imagine bookstore, and refreshments will be served. Everyone is welcome to this free event!
Will match upto $3000
The 5 Healthy Towns Foundation will match those joining the Huron Waterloo Pathways Initiative from Oct. 1 - Oct - 31. 5HF will match 100 memberships, up to $3000. Pledges may be made by clicking the link below. Pledge costs are $30 for individuals and $50 for families.
Walks in all five towns
Did you know St. Joseph Mercy - Chelsea offers walking programs and maps in all five Healthy Towns? If you are interested you can sign up for the official program or walk by yourself or with friends and family. Visit the links below for more information.
What do our friends and neighbors have to say?
Watch how the Wellness Centers affect the lives of community members every day! This inspirational video will give you an idea about how the WCs impact the health and wellness of our guests and our members. There's something for everyone at the WCs.
The 2015 5H Community Read is underway! Every community features fun events that relate to Hole in my Life. This week's highlights movies, discussions and more! You can find copies of Hole in my Life at more than 80 locations.
Creating a culture of wellness and fostering sustainable improvements in community
As residents of the healthiest communities in the Midwest, we’ll choose to eat better, move more, avoid unhealthy substances and make healthy connections with others.
- 5 Healthy Towns Community Read - Ongoing
- Oct 7 - Bushel Basket Market, 2 - 6 pm, Palmer Lot Downtown Chelsea
- Oct 7 - Unguarded Move Night, 6 pm, Grass Lake Branch of JDL
- Oct 8 - Grass Lake Senior Center, 10 a - 2 p, Grass Lake Township Hall
- Oct 8 - Manchester Farmers Market, 4 - 7 pm, Chi-Bro Park
- Oct 9 - Connect with Others Movie Night, 7 pm, Dexter District Library
- Oct 9 - Stockbridge Open Air Market, 4 - 7 pm, Stockbridge Town Square
- Oct 10 - Chelsea Farmers Market, 8 a - 12 pm, Downtown Chelsea
- Oct 10 - Dexter Farmers Market, 9 a -1 pm, Downtown Dexter
- View our event calendar
People at all levels of health: from the perfectly fit to wheel chair [...]
March 11th Read Article »
Wales is credited for early use of the phrase “An apple a day [...]
October 17th Read Article »
Foundation Name Change
September 30, 2015 Read More »
Dexter Wellness Center Certified as Medical Fitness Facility
May 22, 2015 Read More »