Healthy food for the holiday season!
Join the Grass Lake Branch of Jackson District Library for some Holiday Cooking around the World. Chef Brad West will present samples from Kari A. Cornell's cook book. Healthy Cooking around the World is scheduled for Wed. December 7th at 6 pm. Registration is required.
See it here!!
Need some help picking out gifts this Holiday season? Check out the holiday shopping guide and winter recreation ideas in Connected! You can get there by clicking on the link below!
December events at WCs
Santa Claus is coming to town as wellness center guests can visit or exercise with Santa and have gifts wrapped while they work out! A Deck the Halls competition will run through January while Holiday Passes for youths are available.
Grass Lake Senior Center (locate at GL Township Hall) offers many opportunities to be active. Exercise classes ($1 per class) are held Tuesdays at 10 am and Thursdays at 1pm. Chair Yoga ($5/p) is Wednesdays at 12:45pm and Line Dancing takes over Tuesdays at 1 pm.
All 5 Healthy Town Wellness Centers (Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester and Stockbridge) have scholarships available for those who may need assistance. To learn more about scholarships opportunities, please visit member services or call the number below.
Cultivate Improvements in Personal and Community Wellness
The people in our 5 Healthy Towns Eat Better, Move More, Avoid Unhealthy Substances and Connect with Others in Healthy Ways.
- Ongoing - Simple Steps Program, Dexter and Chelsea Wellness Centers
- Ongoing - Manchester MMLB Challenge
- Ongoing - Winter Mobile Farmers Market, Grass Lake, Manchester and Stockbridge
- Dec 1 - Chelsea Friends and Family Wellness Coalition Meeting, noon, Chelsea Wellness Center
- Dec 2 - Visit with Santa, 5-7 pm, Dexter Wellness Center
- Dec 3 - Chelsea Winter Farmers Market, 9 am - 1 pm, Washington Street Education Center
- View our event calendar
5 Healthy Towns Foundation (5HF) provides scholarships at our wellness centers. Here’s what [...]
April 8th Read Article »
I recently read people need to exercise up to 2 hours [...]
October 15th Read Article »