Year 5 Wellness Plan approved
Dexter Wellness Coalition's 2017-18 plan was approved by 5HF's Board of Directors on Monday, March 28th. Coalition-backed interventions will receive $75,000 for eight interventions. These interventions will continue efforts by the coalition to make Dexter a healthy place for everyone.
Healthful tips and fun stories!
Want some tips to quit smoking? How about an inspirational story about a Cancer Survivor who's benefited from physical activity? Make sure to read Connected! There are articles about your community coalitions, how to avoid bad mental health days, local photos and more!
The Diabetes Prevention Program is coming to Stockbridge March 29th. If you'd like to take steps to prevent type-2 diabetes, attend the information session at the School Admin Building (305 W. Elizabeth) in room 108 at 6 pm. The information session and weekly sessions are FREE thanks to a grant from 5HF.
All 5 Healthy Town Wellness Centers (Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester and Stockbridge) have scholarships available for those who may need assistance. To learn more about scholarships opportunities, please visit member services or call the number below.
Saturday mornings at 8 am
Join Grass Lake Road Runners for a fun group run, starting and ending at Roaming Goat in downtown Grass Lake. The coffee shop will be closed on the 25th but the group will still start/finish from the parking lot. Meet at 7:50am and be ready to run at 8:00am. Meep Meep!
Cultivate Improvements in Personal and Community Wellness
The people in our 5 Healthy Towns Eat Better, Move More, Avoid Unhealthy Substances and Connect with Others in Healthy Ways.
- Ongoing - Simple Steps Program, Dexter and Chelsea Wellness Centers
- Ongoing - Registration for Heart and Sole Run and Bike Races
- Mar 28 - Manchester Coaliiton Meeting, noon, Manchester Village Offices
- Mar 29 - Stockbridge Diabetes Prevention Program Intro, 6 pm, Stockbridge School Admin Offices
- Mar 31 - FREE Senior Swim, 1 -4 pm, Dexter Wellness Center
- Mar 31 - FREE Senior Swim, 1 -4 pm, Chelsea Senior Center
- April 1 - Grass Lake Road Runners, 8 am, Roaming Goat Cafe
- Mar 26 - Dexter Winter Marketplace, 9 am - 1 pm, Dexter Senior Center
- View our event calendar
5 Healthy Towns Foundation (5HF) provides scholarships at our wellness centers. Here’s what [...]
April 8th Read Article »
I recently read people need to exercise up to 2 hours [...]
October 15th Read Article »